We know that soft drinks are not the healthiest things we can drink and still you have at least one in your fridge. There is no harm if you go out and drink one, but when it comes to their regular intake you should think seriously the possible consequences and whether or not you should continue drinking them. But what exactly they do to our body?
1. They make us fat. They contain a lot of sugar, which damages the body. Sugar is a source of energy in our body and it uses only as much as he needs and the rest is converted into fat that accumulates in the least desirable locations. The worst part is that we don‘t actually realize how much damage it can make until the results are visible and the skin around our thighs and butt is raw and „orange“.
2. Soft drinks are extremely high in calories with no real nutritional value to the body. They don‘t really have anything nutritious and healthy in them and give us this sensation that we‘re full and don‘t need to eat, but that‘s just for a small period of time – basically, there‘s no point in drinking them!
3. Cavities are caused by plaque that builds up on teeth. Soft drinks are the ones that help cavities appear and after that the only solution is going to the dentist and taking care of the cavity. To prevent that, the first thing you have to do is to brush your teeth regularly and use mouthwash after every meal.
4. The contained in soft drinks sodium damages vital organs – heart, kidneys and so on. It increases the chances of high blood pressure and stroke. Soft drinks are not suitable for people with weaker immune system – it‘s better to substitute them with freshly squeezed juice or water.
6. Have you felt thirsty even though you have drunk a significant amount of soda? This is because it contains caffeine, which acts as a diuretic and causes dehydration of the body. The idea is that they want to make you drink more and more soda and still be thirsty so this way they can make more money from you buying the products. Instead of giving so much money for soft drinks, just drink water or, as I said, fresh juice (with the money you save you can buy lots of fruits to use for your juice).