Seasonal foods are always the best options for your menu. We all crave the occasional cherries in winter, for instance, but it is best to keep it simple and choose the ones that are fresh at the moment. You would think summer offers the most variety in terms of good foods, but you would be surprised at what amazing stuff October is bringing! Take a look at our list:
- Apples: they are a great source of fibers and antioxidants. You can eat any kind – whether they are sweet or sour, and both raw or baked with cinnamon, depending on your taste. Don’t forget about the peel since it contains lots of the healthy ingredients!
- Sweet potatoes: if you have not tried them yet, you definitely need to! They are richer in nutrients than regular potatoes, and besides their taste is amazing. They contain vitamin A and iron, and also some of their ingredients have an anti-inflammatory function for the organism.
- Grapefruit: its pretty pink color and specific, rather sour taste makes it a little more different than other citrus fruit. You can enjoy it in a freshly-squeezed juice form, or even add it to your salad! Yes, salads with any greens, avocado and grapefruit will bring a certain freshness to your menu. Or if you are a fan of chicken, you can look for a good recipe online, combining these two. Grapefruit reduces cholesterol and gives your organism a good amount of vitamin C.
- Cauliflower: its sweet taste makes it perfect for cold weather. You can add to mashed potatoes, cream soup or just eat in a steamed form. It contains lots of vitamin C, reduces cholesterol also and prevents the formation of cancer cells in your body.
- Pumpkins: helloooo, it’s Halloween season after all! Baked pumpkin with walnuts and honey is a great dessert for the season. Its sweet taste and soft texture makes it a great food. But its content is also impressive: Omega-3 fats, vitamin A and vitamins from the B group are just among some of its benefits!
We hope we gave you some great ideas of what your menu should look like in the next month, so run to the store to get these great foods to keep you healthy during the cold season!