MUST HAVE Winter Parka Coat
The essential piece that HAS to be in your wardrobe this winter!
With winter upon us and temperatures dropping, all us ladies are (of course!) still persistent on looking good and feeling great which gives us a great excuse to go out and splurge our cash on this winter’s key trend – the Parka Coat!
Well, we do need to fight the winter elements and stay dry and warm!
This winter it’s all about clashing different styles and experimenting with looks and clothing that you would never dream about putting together, what we like to call ‘unique chic!’
The chic parka coat has been seen on many Autumn/Winter 2012/2013 catwalks varying from Marc Jacobs to Vera Wang to high street retail stores such as H&M and River Island. Not surprising, the Parka Coat is functional and fashionable giving us a rare, exciting piece in the fashion world.
And what’s even better is there will be a version of the Parka Coat out there to suit your budget!
‘The’ cool, urban look…
Putting together an outfit that you would never think would match, like a knitted winter jumper with hot jean shorts and a pair of sleek heels is the aim of the game this winter. This looks gives the ultimate statement of cool and urban with a hint of sophistication.
We love this parka / jean short look which has been sported by a white sweater and funky jewelry to make the outfit sparkle and give a feminine feel to it. The parka has been a massive fall and winter trend this year with thanks to talented designers giving us a continuing trend which has been around for now the second year running.
As seen on the big screen!
We are now kinda over the leather biker jackets and the typical winter coats and so are many celebrities, including Rihanna, Megan Fox and Sienna Miller who have been recently spotted, beautifully sporting the parka this season!
The twist on the parka coat is with a subtle touch of sophisticated accessories, a simple blouse, skinny jeans and a pair of pointy heels, you can transform your parka in to a sophisticated night time look. If you prefer the ‘casual during the day’ look, add a simple tee, jumper, jeans and your favorite sneakers or boots and your good to go!
Color wise, the hottest colors for this season are khaki, mud, beige, brown, camel or olive green but make sure to team your parka with pretty accessories and your favorite lip gloss to keep the feminine touch.
Don’t let all that hair styling go to waste!
Let’s face it with rain drizzles, wind and all the other nasty weather conditions we face in the winter, something to cover our hair is essential!
Many of the gorgeous designs of Parka Coat’s out there feature a hood which normally includes a faux-fur theme which is hot this winter too!
Tips for getting the perfect Parka
- If you are looking for a new parka, look for a version that is more on the dressy side. You will never have to worry about it looking ‘too’ dressy. A tailored version will be approximately the same cost as a casual one.
- If possible, do not buy the shiny material one! Parkas with a shiny material are much more difficult to wear with different pieces, keep to the puffy, quilted kind to match with more of your current wardrobe pieces.
- Make sure when you are shopping for your new Parka Coat that you have enough loose space. This will let you layer clothing underneath as much as you will need and still have enough room to move comfortably.
- Always use accessories to make your coat look cute! Teamed with beanie hats and chunky scarfs look great on cold days
- Don’t be afraid to team your parka coat with a cute dress or skirt, as long as you accompany it with a pair of tights or leggings and boots – your look will be ready to rock the streets!
Get it while it’s HOT!
We love this collection of jewels, accessories and urban couture to match your parka for some ‘unique chic!’
|1. PARKA – nl.selected.com
2. BOOTS – i.pinger.pl
3. BRACELETS – amazon.com
4. NECKLACE – pret-a-beaute-com
5. WHITE BAG – cricket-fashion.com
6. PARKA – my-wardrobe.com
7. JUMPER – stun-l.com
8. BAG – trendme.net
9. SHADES – polyvore
10. BOOTS – Tumblr
11. PARKA – riverisland.com
12. DENIM SHORTS – polyvore.com
13. SWEATER – missrebel.co.uk
13. SWEATER – missrebel.co.uk
14. NECKKLACE – svpply.com