There is one thing I can tell you from my personal experience and it is that one you have discovered the miracles that makeup can do, you cannot abandon it! I did not use foundation until I turned twenty-one, but once I started, I have not been able to leave it alone. Makeup can change your appearance slightly, but just enough that it boosts your confidence and makes you feel better about yourself. However, that is not really healthy. Images of female beauty have distorted our notions and women tend to grab their makeup case on a daily basis, even in situations when it is not required.
That is why we want to help you leave makeup alone, at least sometimes! After all, your skin also deserves a short vacation that allows it to breathe. Take a look at the ways to still look pretty, even without makeup:
- Be careful when shaping your eyebrows. If they are not the appropriate shape, according to your face shape and features, they might actually play a negative role in your overall look. A consultation with a professional would be the right thing to do! The good news for girls with thick brows is that they are very trendy right now, but if you do not have a pair of very strong brows, don’t overdo them: after all, nature knows what is best for you!
- Take care of your skin, more specifically: exfoliate! Removing dead skin cells will allow your skin to shine and be pretty, even without a thick layer of foundation. Scrubs can also help you if you have pimples, since after they are dying, exfoliating removes their tips and allows them to heal fully.
- Moisturizing your skin is another step you should not miss in your skincare routine. Not only does it have a positive effect in the long-term since it prevents wrinkles to a certain extent, but also it gives a healthier glow to your face!
- Take care of your eye area! You know how a little concealer and mascara can make a huge difference, but you probably do not suspect how important your eyes are. After all, there is a reason one of the most common compliment guys tell girls is about their eyes! Take care of those dark eye circles with eye cream and eye drops, if they are very tired-looking.
- Last but not least, your teeth are a huge deal and I hope you already know that! Mouth hygiene is important both for your health and your appearance. Besides using tooth paste and mouthwash, you can also reach your for any whitening tools, especially if you are a coffee drinker and/or a smoker. White teeth are actually a thing that makes a huge impression!
Take into account these basic steps next time you reach for thick layers of makeup: you actually won’t need them if you follow our advice! And remember: beauty is what captures the eyes, but personality is what captures the mind!