Whether you’ve got a big concert or a fancy gala to attend, creating a smoky eye can add a bit of sophisticated drama to your look. In this article we will learn you how to apply smokey eye makeup with these fast and easy steps.
- Choose your colors. Any color can be used to create a smoky eye, although you will need at least three shades of a similar hue. The classic smoky eye is created with black or gray, but bronze and brown are also commonly used.
- Use the right supplies. Although it may be quick and easy to choose the first three complementary shades of eyeshadow you find with a sponge applicator, the perfect smoky eye is created using the right supplies.
- Apply your face makeup. Before you put on your smoky eye, you should create your neutral palette. Apply concealer under your eyes and on any dark or red spots, and then apply a powder foundation over the top to set it.
- Put on your medium shade
- Begin adding your darkest color. Begin at the outside corner of your eyes, and sweep in a ‘C’ shape from the about halfway inwards (from the outside of your face) on the lash line, back up and around to about halfway inwards on the crease of your eyelid.
- Blend your shadows. Use your brush to blend the colors together.
- Add your eyeliner
- Add your mascara
For more info on how to make different smokey eye makeup check this out