Easter is near. Is your home already decorated? No matter what`s you answer, we want to show you a crafty idea for a homemade Easter basket, which you`d definitely fall in love with it.
Prepare the following materials:
- Metallic crinkle cellophane
- 100% Cotton Yarn, 3 Bundles
- Sparkles to add to sugar mixture
- Decorative Add-ons
How to make:
1. Inflate the balloon to the desired size. Tie the yarn to the balloon, leaving a short string away and start wrapping it around. Use all of the bundles.
2.Cover the floor with nylon/garbage bags, to prevent the mess and make a water/sugar bath. Warm water to Sugar is a proportion.
3. Dip the balloon and roll it until the mix is all over it
4.Hang the balloon somewhere using the string you let at the beginning an let it dry.
5.When it is almost dry, roll again into the water/sugar solution, to make it durable.
6. When the whole basket is dry, but there is a 2 inch diameter wet spot on the bottom, cut down and put on parchment paper. Press down to make it flat. This way the basket would stand. Then pop the balloon
7. Mark the area, which you want to remove and carefully cut.
8.Glue multiple layers of ribbon together
9. Then glue the newly prepared ribbon onto the basket itself. You can cover the handle and all around the top edge.
10. Hide the hole on the handle, attaching a small ribbon over it.
11. Add the cellophane at the bottom and fill in the basket with metallic crinkle cellophane. Then add the decorations you want – small chicks, rabbits, chocolates and so forth . This is your wonderful, new, handmade Easter basket!