Summer is back, so are all the worries around removing hair from your body. Shaving is one of the most popular methods because it is cheap, fast, and you can do it at home by yourself . However, we sometimes make mistakes while doing it and that leads to problems. Here are a few tips on what to do and what not to do when you shave your legs:
- Always do it on wet skin! Since shaving serves as an exfoliating method too, you can clogg your razor with dead skin cells and that can hinder what you are doing. Also, using a shaving cream or gel is advisable since the risk of cutting your skin decreases. They also make the shaving of short hairs easier and possible. Choose a shaving cream with moisturising effects; it may not be the most expensive one, but it’s better if it is suited for females.
- Find your perfect razor! People are unique, so are their razor preferences. There are different feaures to razors: flexible heads (to get to those tricky spots), moisture strips, and multiple blades to soften to blow of each stroke. Pick the one which suits your needs the best!
- Switch razors regularly. You will notice the effect of their shaving fades, but also the duller a razor is, the higher the risk to get cut is.
- Each area has its own method. When shaving your legs, start from your ankles towards your hips. When it comes to under arms, hair grows in different directions, so you need to carefully shave in each one, but also be very gentle since skin there is very sensitive.
- There is a lot of skincare you need to think of before and after you shave. Exfoliate your skin before you shave, so that you the process is easier, you can get rid of any dead skin in the area, and prevent ingrown hairs. After you shave, its compulsory to moisturize. First, the smoother the skin is, the smaller the risk is for ingrown hair since each hair can easily break through the skin. Also, moisturizing will prevent drying and irritation of your skin.